Sunday, November 09, 2008

BACK TO SQUARE ONE
Yesterday, we found the perfect house, so we put in an offer. Today we found out that we were outbid. Bummer! So we're back to square one on the house hunt.
Tonight, Zach was playing on the PBS Kids Island (online educational games) and once again he shocked me! He seems to know all his lower-case letters, except for the ones that are written weird, like a curved little "t" which he thinks is a "j" and a's like this confuse him, too. But then he played a rhyming game and he got most of the answers right! He had to pick whether rug, sun, or pig rhymed with dig, and he clicked pig without hesitation. No, it wasn't just random, because he got 4 out of 5 right!
He's a total computer junky ever since he learned to click last week. I'm sure he's not the only one. Jared liked computer games at 2 1/2, but he sure couldn't navigate a website by himself like Zach can!
Just to make my life busier, I signed up for a competition at Digital Scrapbook Place called DSP Designer Finder. Round One was to design a kit. I already had one on hand (I submitted the one I used to make this blog!) so that was easy. Round Two was to make a scrapbook page with that kit. Well, I already had one of those, too. But we also had to make a set of 4 backgrounds using only the colors they provided. Yellow, blue, darker blue, gray, and black. Not my favorites, so it was a stretch. Here's my entry, if you want to see it.
I think the next round is to make a bunch of elements (embellishments) to go with the four backgrounds we made for this round. They're going to tell us what to make, and we'll probably have to make 8 items! Yikes!
But the prize is a 3-month job as an apprentice designer! That means selling our kits in the store. And how fun would it be to do that? Not to mention the extra $$$ ;D
So wish me luck!
I had a friend ask how she could vote for me, but the judging is done entirely by DSP employees. So thanks for the thought, but I'm on my own!

1 comment:

Lora said...

That is really cool that your stuff could be for sale very soon! That is really awesome!