Sunday, January 24, 2010

8 Weeks Old!

I just haven't been able to get photos off my camera since I hurt my back. Either my back didn't cooperate, or my computer didn't. Until today.

So now I'm excited to show you the thing we all work hard for every day: a smile from Luke!

It's so cute! Especially when he wakes in the morning, seeing a familiar face is sure to bring a big drooly grin from our favorite little guy. It seems like every day we get a few more smiles. He's just started attempting to goo, too. We've heard about 4 now.

Jared is so excited to hold him a few times a day, standing up. It's so much more responsibility than sitting with him on his lap. Of course, he gets pretty heavy so Jared doesn't hold him for long, but you can tell how proud he is.
And speaking of Luke and Jared, wow, do they look alike or what? I'm not sure this picture shows it well, but it's there.

One more cute thing about Luke is that he likes to be put to bed. At a certain time of night, he starts to fuss. But as soon as I take him upstairs and change his diaper, he'll give me a few smiles. I swaddle him with a blanket, pop in a pacifier, and lay him in the bassinet, and I don't hear a peep. He looks around for a while, then dozes off on his own.It's fun to be able to tell what he wants instead of guessing all the time.

Here's one last parting shot:
And a few more are in our Picasa album.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE

Anonymous said...

He is a DOLL! They do like eachother. He totally belongs!
love the pics.

CB said...

He is SO cute and he really looks like your other boys - You can definately tell they are brothers!!