Monday, February 08, 2010

Check-ups

Jared and Luke went to the doctor this morning, Jared for his 6-year check up, and Luke for his 2-month check up.

Jared is 46 1/4 inches tall (75%tile) and 48 1/2 lbs. (50%tile), which is where he's been for most of his life. The doctor said I can give him a little melatonin to help him fall asleep, since Jared has trouble falling asleep before 11 pm. We'll see how his CD player works for a while before we try that, though. Otherwise, Jared is A-OK!

Luke weighs just 12 lbs, which is 50%tile for weight. He's 24 1/4 inches which is 90%tile for height. Well, at least that's what the doctor's paperwork says. They seem to have rounded a bit. But he's tall and skinny for sure!

I thought it was interesting that the doctor asked me how I did things with my older boys, instead of just telling me what to do. In this case, it was starting solids for Luke. I told him that I start them at 4 months, which is 2 weeks after they get absolutely ravenous and want to eat every hour. Those are a tough two weeks, but we've always stuck it out. Of course, now they're saying to wait until 6 months if you can. Well, we can't wait! And the doctor said that's fine. I guess he thinks Jared and Zach turned out pretty well. Actually, he said that it's only a problem if the babies are obese. That's obviously not a problem with Luke, and since my other boys aren't obese, he knows it's not a family problem, either.

So we had a pretty good visit! Everyone's doing just great!

No comments: