Monday, April 05, 2010

Four month check-up

Luke had his 4-month check up today. He's 14.6 lbs (50%tile) and 25 3/4 inches (80%tile). I'm actually a bit concerned that he's not eating enough, because he's just so darn good! If he's hungry and I misinterpret his fussing and pop a pacifier in, he's fine just hangin' out for a while. So I'm going to work on that and see if his percentiles will jump back up.

Luke shouted for most of the visit. He is LOUD! The doctor said, "I bet you'll be as smart as your brothers, with all this talking!" As he was checking the baby over, he said, "He's strong!" Oh yeah, he really is!

Zach took advantage of Luke's nakedness while I talked to the doctor, by blowing raspberries on his tummy. The doctor thought it was funny. I thought it was funny and LOUD!!!

I'm not sure what prompted the doctor to tell me that he thought he might get teeth in the next month, since the paperwork he gave me says that teeth don't usually appear until later. But Jared got his first at 5 months, so we'll be checking for sure.

The doctor also checked out Luke's little birthmark. It's on his head, under his hair. He said it's basically a big mole, and probably won't be a problem. But sometimes they get infected during adolescence, so doctors often remove them before then. We'll see, I guess!

Poor baby got two shots at once. He cried for a few seconds, but after they handed him back to me, he stopped crying. Zach thought Luke was very brave. And Zach got a sticker for being such a good big brother.

No comments: