Saturday, May 15, 2010

Fancy Pancakes

We went to IHOP a couple of times in the last year and a half, and the boys think it is so fun to get smiley face pancakes. With pancakes being so cheap and easy to make, I decided we could decorate big pancakes at home and have almost as much fun.

Then they decided they love teeny pancakes. Those are actually harder than huge ones.

Then they decided they wanted shapes. So I tried it out and thought I was pretty good at wielding the batter! My kids loved it, and that's what's important.

THEN I discovered that you can make shapes within the pancakes, by first pouring the shape, waiting a minute or so for that to set up, then pouring more batter on top. My boys were delighted when I made the smiley face right in the pancake!

So here I am, thinking I'm all that (does anyone say that anymore?), this "pancake artist" of sorts. And then today I discovered Jim's Pancakes.

Wow.

Hey, I have one of those mustard squirter bottles. Maybe I'll give it a try! But I think I'll stick with smiley-faces- and hearts-within-a-circle pancakes. No 3-D for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! Those pancakes are awesome!!