Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to Level 3

Jared tried valiantly at his first Level 4 swimming lesson yesterday, but the other two kids in the class are 9. They're huge and have muscles and stuff like that. Jared was worn out at the end of the lesson and said it was just too hard. His teacher told us that he has all the skills, but needs more endurance. The class was just going to get more physically demanding, so we decided to move him back to Level 3 again.

Today at lessons, I sat next to another swim lesson mom. She asked me which classes my kids were in, and I told her Jared's story. She said, "My son is one of those 9-year-olds in Level 4. Yesterday after lessons, he said, 'Mom! There's this kid in my class who's only six and he's awesome!'"

That certainly helped dispel our disappointment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would be hard to keep up with older kids...but give him another year and he'll do fine :)