Sunday, August 29, 2010

Keepin' Up With His Bros

After two smarty-pants, we fully expect that Luke will be no slouch. But tonight, he surprised me!

I put him to bed, but he wanted none of that, so I got him up and thought I'd rock him or read him a book until he was sleepy. We sat on the glider and I asked, "Do you want a book?" He clapped his hands together, left them together, and wiggled them. It's a not very precise version of the sign for book.  So I asked him, "Where are the books?" He looked at me for a second, then leaned waaay over the arm of the glider to look at the basket where we keep baby books on the floor. "Wow," I thought, and put him down on the floor. "Can you get a book?" He crawled over to the basket, shoved aside one book and grabbed his favorite, which has touch 'n feel animals.

I had no idea he understood so much of what we say! Or that he knew where we keep the books.

No comments: