Thursday, December 02, 2010

Luke's Birthday!

I can't believe it's been a year since Luke was born. I just don't want him to grow up so fast!

It's been a busy week, and Luke has been sick, so we were a little behind on the celebration. I finally got around to baking the cake on his birthday, but didn't have time to frost it. We also got hit with a big snowstorm, and because the roads were so bad, Ryan didn't get to come home for a little party. I got the cake decorated the next day, but Ryan had to work late. Every night this week was booked! So I decided we had to take extreme measures.

Ryan got home from a meeting at 9:30 last night. Jared and Zach were all ready for bed, and Luke had been in bed since 7.  But it was now or never, so I woke up the poor little birthday boy!  He didn't cry, and seemed very interested in being up at such an odd hour. I buckled him into his booster seat and took some pictures. He just sat there, mellow as could be.


But when we lit the candle and started singing Happy Birthday, he burst into tears! I guess we don't sound very good :)

I took off the top layer of the cake for him to eat, and he dabbled his fingers in the frosting. He worked at his cupcake while the rest of us had cake, too, and eventually, he got the idea. He picked his plate clean! 



He needed a bath, of course, and that perked him up a bit. I let him run around naked for a while, because it's just too dang cute. He went to bed happily and slept in late.

Happy birthday, little guy!

3 comments:

Lora said...

Cute cake and cute boy!

Kat said...

How fun! I love the cake too. :) You did a really good job. Happy Birthday little guy! I can't believe he is 1 already. :)

Anonymous said...

Where has the time gone? Luke is now a big one-year old! Happy (belated) birthday!