Thursday, May 24, 2012

Luke-arific

This morning has been Luke-arific!

First he asked me to snuggle with him on the couch while he watched Dinosaur Train. That was yummy.

Then he was playing with his Little People and stuck Noah on the zoo train. He told me "chin guy" was driving. "What are you calling him?" I asked. "Chin guy, because he has a funny chin!" Yeah, that would be his beard.


So I told him the story of Noah's Ark, and we googled pictures of it. Now he wants me to show him "more boats, puh-weeeez?!?"

But tired of looking at boats, I told him that I needed to change his diaper and get him dressed. I discovered that we'd run out of diapers. "We is out of diapers? We need to go to the store?"  Thankfully, no, we had another package. I opened it and stashed the diapers in his drawer.

When he saw the diaper package in the garbage can, he said, clearly dismayed, "You ripped it open? You need to be NICE to it!"  I guess he'll grow up to be a packaging rights activist. I can see him now, holding a sign that says, "Boxes are people, too!"

I usually choose clothes for all my boys, because they do not care what they wear. At all. But when I walked toward Luke with a shirt, he said, "No, not mine guitar shirt! That will be not warm!" So I grabbed a sweater. He shouted, "Yay!" but ducked when I got it near his head. He said he'd changed his mind. He decided on a different sweater, with stripes. "Now I am ready!" Then he thought a second and added, "Except I need pants." Goofy kid!

I wondered out loud where his socks were, and he found some. I said they didn't match, but that was okay. He said, "Yes they do match. Them have stripes and mine sweater have stripes. Stripes, stripes!"  Never mind that his sweater is navy and tan, and the socks are red, blue and grey! But now he's cozy and stripey and happy.

And everything is just Luke-arific!

No comments: