Wednesday, November 12, 2008

WE GOT THE HOUSE!
Our Realtor just called to tell us that our offer was accepted! We were a little worried, because of the failed offer we made last weekend, and because we knew that we were the last of three offers to be submitted. But we offered full price because it was such a great deal. An identical house in the neighborhood is listed for $15K more, and a year ago, they were selling for $65K more!
The photos on the listing are awful, so I'll have to go take some better ones when I get the chance.
It's got a big back yard with a large sand play area and a big, Jared-approved swing set. There's a big patio with a built-in fire ring. I like those things, but what I love is the huge walk-in pantry, corner fireplace in the family room, and a big laundry room upstairs. I'm sure that won't be a favorite of the people helping us move, though. There's also a big landing at the top of the stairs where we can put our computers.

I believe we close on December 6. I know, it's soon! I'd better get off Blogger and start packing!

5 comments:

Lora said...

AWESOME! That house looks great! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Lil Lancaster Fam said...

Wow congratulations! That is so exciting! It looks great! I want to come visit! All of the pictures you take there are beautiful.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Even though we will be sad you are leaving our ward I am happy for you guys.

It's never fun to have a rental and it will be so nice to be settled:) Especially before Christmas.

It looks and sounds like a beautiful house. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Isn't having your own house so nice? Now you get to paint the walls real colours instead of the drab neutral of rentals.