Friday, February 13, 2009

FLASHBACK TO 1983

We're going waaaay back today! I don't have much to say about the photo. It speaks for itself, I think. It's one of my favorite pictures ever. My sister hates it. She says I shouldn't be allowed to post it, and that it was just a bad, bad day. But she never checks my blog (as far as I know) so I guess she won't ever find out!
We were at a kite-flying day with our ward, at Placerita Jr. High.If you don't know, I'm the youngest, so that's me in the pigtails and red sweater. My friend, Megan (used-to-be) Fatheringham loves my mom's glasses. I guess they'd be cool again!
I love that my little kid belly is hanging out of my favorite sweater, which was knitted for me by my aunt. I remember that my brother had a lionfish who hated that sweater. If I walked in front of the aquarium wearing it, he would spread his poisonous fins and charge. It was quite fun to tick him off, as long as he ws behind glass!

4 comments:

CB said...

Now I just feel old - I was in my 2nd year of BYU in 1983! ha ha

You look adorable in your little ponytails:)

Your sister really looks unhappy. What is funny is you can use this picture for your boys when they decide they don't want to take a picture someday when they are teens. "You don't want to look like Aunt ___ do you?" ha ha

Anonymous said...

Poor Sara. I have a photo that I never liked and yet it's a favourite in my family, so I feel for her.

You look cute, Susie!

Melinda said...

I really like this picture :)
I remember those kite flying activity's

Kat said...

That picture is CLASSIC! :) I love the belly. I can see why your sister would not want you to post it on your blog. LOL You look adorable by the way.