Thursday, July 02, 2009

I give up!


I finally figured it out. I really didn't see what the ultrasound tech was talking about until I scanned this ultrasound and put it in my Picasa folder. That's when the image suddenly flipped in my mind and I can see it all! See, his bum is on the right and his feet are on the left. I thought it was the other way around. But now it's quite clear, and I've given up hope that the tech was just an idiot.

And it's no wonder! While the tech was trying to take an image of the baby's stomach, he rolled over and showed us his back. She said, "well, I guess I'll be getting some spine shots first." He was doing somersaults in there! So it's no wonder that I couldn't tell which way was up.

Below are images of his foot (on the left) and his whole arm (on the right) bent at the elbow. The DVD they gave us seems to just have a "live-action" movie on it, but I'd like to play around with it and figure out how to capture some still shots. Like the one where you can see him folded in half, feet in his face. Crazy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, yup! HE is definatley a BOY!!!!
I think HE wanted you to know it too. Don't be sad. I know it is easy to say that than to feel it cause I have been there done that but his little tiny feet are darling! Just think of a name now and then you won't be so sad cause HE will have a name instead of just a boy. It makes you look at it a little differently.
love ya.

The Shep's Herd said...

Congrats..I know that you wanted a girl but you make such super beautiful and intellegent nd loving boys. You have perfected the recipie. That and God knows you raise fine young men. Your a great mom. Congrats !!!