Thursday, July 09, 2009

I'm a Minivan Momma!

We have a new ride! No longer am I a cool Jeep mom, I am now a minivan mom. The boys think it's the best thing ever. I mean, sliding doors are the ultimate in cool! I'll have to remind them of that when we're still driving one in 10 years...

It's a 2003 Grand Caravan. I tried to call up another family to say we'd buy theirs from them, but they didn't answer. While I waited for them to get home, I checked Craigslist one more time, and amazingly, there was a brand new listing! I called the number and while I was talking to the owner, I got a call-waiting beep. I ignored it and we immediately went to see the newly listed van. It has a few more miles on it, but is infinitely cleaner. The other one also had lots of door dings and other cosmetic problems. We were ecstatic to find another one, in better shape, for $700 less than the first one. And the sellers were ecstatic to sell their van in less than an hour and a half!

When we got back from the test drive, there was a message from the first seller--they'd called while I was on the phone with the second seller. Oops! I guess they missed out!

Zach seems to be over the fact that it's not black. He saw my friend, Mandy's, which is dark grey, and he wanted one just like that. But we had to settle for "Satin Jade Pearlcoat." Whatever that means. (for those who care, the interior is "Taupe.")


It drives like a car, but when I look back I remember it's much larger than I'm used to. I hardly know what to do with all that space! And of course, the reason we bought it is so we'd have space for another car seat. But I'll enjoy the cargo space, too. We can move the larger back bench to the middle row, leaving the whole back open for my yard sale and Craigslist finds or camping gear.

Now I have to get my SUZESZU plates transferred to it and get the Jeep cleaned up and advertised on Craigslist!

See a few more pictures here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Van moms! I love it.