Friday, September 11, 2009

Sionara, Sam's Club!

When our Costco membership expired last winter, we thought we'd try out Sam's Club instead. It was right by Ryan's office, and we did a little price research. Most of the things we buy regularly were about the same price, so we figured it would work out just fine.

Well, it's just not the same as Costco. It was great for a while, when Ryan would pick up milk and fill up with gas for me on the way home from work, but when he changed jobs, he wasn't close to Sam's anymore.

And I miss a few things about Costco, like #10 cans of applesauce (the boys finish one off in 2-3 days), the giant square buckets of detergent (laundry and dishwasher varieties), awesome photo department (Sam's was spotty on the quality), and the pizza at their food court tastes way better!

To make the matter more urgent, we need to replace the glasses Ryan dropped in a Minnesota lake last month. And Sam's Club optical is way more expensive than Costco!

So it was only with minor trepidation that I approached the Customer Service Desk and told them I wasn't satisfied with my membership, and I'd like a refund. It was easier than I expected. He called over a manager, who punched in some special code, then handed me two $20 bills. The guy has never showed any personality in our previous interactions, but today he shocked me by teasing, "We're sorry to see you go. I'll start crying as soon as you're gone."

I'll be using those two $20's to pay for a Costco membership. A.S.A.P.
I heart Costco!

1 comment: