Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Good day

We've had a pretty good day today, getting lots done to prepare for the baby!

Jared had a half-day of kindergarten, meaning it was about an hour and a half long. I almost wondered why we bothered! But they had a "Thanksgiving Feast" so it was a fun day for him. Except he said there really wasn't very much food.

I scrubbed bathrooms and vacuumed, did laundry, washed sheets, and put the last bits of stain on the baby's dresser. I moved the bassinet into our bedroom and we hung curtains in the baby's room. And a new friend of mine very generously offered us their infant car seat! I picked it up today and we cleaned it up. It's all starting to feel more real, now!

Jared had fun putting a real newborn baby outfit from Spartacus' stash of clothes on Baby Jesus. Talk about a realistic doll, the clothes fit perfectly! Last week, more people did double-takes when Zach was pushing Baby Jesus in a stroller through the grocery store. Everyone thinks he's a real baby in real danger!

I also had my last doctor's appointment. My doctor is having a wonderfully long Thanksgiving vacation (which is why I don't get to have the baby this weekend), so I saw a different one. I've seen him 3 times now. He thankfully caught a potential problem when he called the hospital to check on my c-section appointment and discovered that "doctor's orders" had not been filed. I guess we would have shown up on Monday and the nurses wouldn't know what to do with me, and wouldn't be allowed to do anything for me to get me prepped. That would have been bad! But he fixed it. Phew!

Just for kicks, I asked him to guess how big the baby is. He said that unless I hide my babies well, this one will be about 8 lbs. 7 oz. We'll have to see! Ryan says that we'll have to name him "Runt" now. Of course, that counts as a big baby for a lot of people, but compared to our two previous ~9 pounders, 8 lbs. 7 oz. sounds small!

No comments: