Friday, November 13, 2009

Preparation

I have a few things left to do that were really starting to bother me.
  1. I'm pretty sure we had a shower curtain rod, but didn't bother putting it up because a shower curtain just gets in the way during the boys' baths. But now we're having guests come who probably want to take a shower instead. So where's the shower curtain rod now?
  2. The crib is piled high with baby stuff: toys, blankets, pacifiers, a pack of diapers, etc. That's because the baby's would-be dresser is in the garage where my van is supposed to be parked, with most of the ugly "pickled avacado" finish removed. I need that dresser done so I can get the nursery organized! It will also double as the changing table (with a changing pad placed on top). It seems kind of necessary.
  3. Despite valiant searching, I could NOT find the Newborn-sized baby clothes! In fact, the I found every size from 6 Months up, just no NB or even 0-3. Not good.
So I was starting to panic. I prioritized that clothes were probably most necessary, so I literally looked in every single box in the garage. The good news is that I eliminated soooo many boxes that we can get around in the third bay of the garage pretty well, and it won't be real tight to park the van in there again (as soon as the dresser is out of there, that is). We also found some fun stuff and stuff we've been missing for the past 2 1/2 years.

But still no baby clothes! What was I going to do?

I'm not sure why, but I decided to take one last look in the crib and found a diaper box that was buried under the bouncer and blankets. It said 0-3 months. Well, that was better than nothing, right? But inside was NB and 0-3 month sizes.

Phew!

And then Jared and I had fun looking through the cute tiny clothes. I showed him the outfit he came home in and the one that Zach wore first (see pictures below)


So now those tiny clothes are getting washed, and now I have a GREAT BIG X on my checklist!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Those are great baby photos of the boys. I bet the had fun seeing themselves as being so tiny. I look at those and my baby is just not tiny anymore. So sad. Can't wait till I get to see this new baby that is coming soooo soon. It is amazing how fast the time flies! (well when you aren't the one prego.) :)
glad you found the clothes. I was willing to ship you some of mine if you needed.