Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gettin' Old

This aching back gig is getting old. It's getting a lot better, too, but it's just wearing on me. Tonight I said, "forget this!" and cleaned the family room. It's ready to vacuum, but my back isn't. Ryan said he'd do it when he gets home from his meeting, and I think I'll let him.

I'm tired of sitting around all day, but I am very much in danger of overdoing things if I don't. And who knew that daytime tv was sooooo bad? I mean, there's nothing on worth watching! There's one hour that seems to consist entirely of court shows.

On the bright side, an old client of mine, one of my first, dug through her old email addresses to find me so I could make her some Chinese New Year cards. She has adopted another child from China since I last heard from her. They're so cute! And how amazing is it that she spent all that effort to look me up. It's a much needed boost, since apparently sitting on your rear for nearly 2 weeks is quite detrimental to my well-being.

The boys are currently erasing some of their drive-mommy-crazy debt by being funny. Jared is charging Zach a penny for a ride on the office chair around the family room. He thinks he's getting rich!

Jared's teacher went on a Mexican cruise over Christmas and brought a peso home for each of her kids. Jared has now promised that if he goes to Mexico on his mission, he'll bring back another peso for Zach. Zach is quite excited about that. He just claimed he's going to go on a mission to Idaho.

And another thing to cheer me up is beeping at me right now: the kitchen timer. It's saying that the chocolate chocolate-chunk cookies are done. Mmmmm! Later.

No comments: