Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bookworm

We ran out of library books a while ago, so Jared has been breezing through much of our collection of past issues of the Friend. Surprisingly, he said he didn't want to go to the library to get more books. He said he was fine with the Friend.

While I'm glad he likes reading the uplifting stories in the magazine, we sort of need him to have a book around. So I went and chose a stack of Magic Treehouse, A to Z Mysteries, Magic School Bus, and other books for him to read.

As uninterested as he was earlier, I was surprised at how big his eyes got when I showed him all the books I got.

Zachary requested a movie night with Lightening McQueen, so after they tidied up the family room, I turned on the movie. Both boys were so quiet and happy. It was nice! So it was a while before I discovered this:

That's the movie in the background, but Jared's not watching. He's got his nose in his first book.

Long before the movie was over, he came to tell us that he'd finished that book, and grabbed another.

I can't wait to see how he likes the Beverly Cleary book I got him about Ralph the mouse. I wonder if a boy would identify with Ramona? I loved those books!

2 comments:

Lora said...

My dad was telling me he asked Jared to read him a book and that he read the whole thing with no help and that he was reading like a 4th grader! Dang!

Kat said...

Wow, that kid really loves to read. :) That is absolutely awesome. I'm glad he likes to read so much.