Thursday, March 25, 2010

Trip to AZ part 5

Wow, we really played hard on this trip! My mother-in-law also scored us free tickets to the Phoenix Zoo. Can you believe we never went while we lived there? That's all right, it was way more fun with cousins.

We lost Zach within 10 minutes of entering the zoo. Nice, huh? I'd dressed him in orange and white stripes, hoping to make him easier to spot. I ran back to where we'd last seen him, which was by the place where you pay extra so you can pet a stingray. Ryan and I both immediately thought he'd probably sweet-talked his way in there for free. That's just like Zach!

But no, I spotted him in an equally Zach-alicious situation. He was getting a ride on a golf cart! Good thing I recognized the back of that cute little head of his, because he was riding away from me. Do you know how embarrassing it is to jog along side a golf cart and say, "Uh, yeah, he's mine?"

He was a little chagrined and stayed by us the rest of the day.

Of course, we had fun looking at all the animals. They say to go to the zoo in the Fall and Spring, when it's not too hot, so the animals will be out. And boy, were they out and enjoying the nice weather!
I wanted to take one of these fuzzy little fennec foxes home with me! So cute!
We had two double strollers, but as you can see, we packed 'em in any way we could. I think this is my favorite picture from the whole trip!

Ryan's going to make fun of me for putting a rhino bum on the blog. But I love that picture! Oh, the textures!

These statues were way too fun! These are going to get printed and on the wall somewhere.



Jared and Kaleb spotted a loose peacock and wow, what an adventure they had! They were very careful not to chase it, but patiently followed it for a long way through the zoo. They were so cute! They looked like best buds. And partners in crime.
The petting zoo had an oversized Little People farm, with giant figurines that look just like the toys! That was fun. But then there were real animals, although you could only brush the goats. This was a fun statue/exhibit, where the kids could try out milking the fake cow.

We were all exhausted as we walked through the now-empty zoo. We stayed past closing! We were having so much fun, the boys whined a bit about wanting to stay longer. It was a good day.And check out how red Luke's hair looks in this picture!!! He fit right in with his cousins!

No comments: