Thursday, March 25, 2010

Trip to AZ Part 6

A week after we arrived in Phoenix, we packed up and left it again. We headed to the mountains, to Snowflake, where my father-in-law grew up, and where his dad still lives.

The desert was sooo green! They've had a lot of rain this winter, and it's just wonderful. We didn't see the cacti blooming. Wouldn't that have been a sight?

I sat in the back seat with Jared. We had quite the discussions back there! Protein, carbohydrates and fats, and what they do for our bodies. State flowers, birds, and trees. Saguaros and chollas and palo verdes. He's a very interesting kid to talk to! And then we ended up making silly faces and taking pictures of ourselves.

We stopped by "The Ranch" outside of Payson, which is where my grandparents lived when I was young. It's so cool that Ryan's and my grandparents both lived in the White Mountains. And our great-grandparents, and a few more generations back, even! What's not cool is that I got out to snap some pictures of The Ranch, but slipped on the loose dirt in the ditch on the side of the road. And why did they have to go and pave the road? When I fell, I ripped the knee of my pants, bloodied my knee, and smacked my camera lens on the newly-paved road. Dirt would have been much kinder to it, I think. It's broken, but somehow manages to take nice, clear pictures anyway!
While in Snowflake, we took some pictures at one of the historic pioneer homes. We haven't had this many people together ever, since Zach was a baby last time we were all together. We were only missing one grandchild, although only one actual child was there.




Here is Luke on a quilt his great-grandmother made.The hotel we stayed in had an indoor pool and hot tub. We didn't bring suits, but managed to get all the boys in the water. I haven't found those pictures quite yet, but I'll add them when I can.

No comments: