Saturday, April 03, 2010

Preface to Twenty Questions

Okay, I guess I have to preface my previous post with a story I was going to blog about, but didn't get around to until Zach had pulled "ammonite" out of his hat. This time, it's about a different kid, but doesn't really steal Zach's thunder, I don't think.

We played Twenty Questions for the first time last week. I started by choosing an animal for the boys to figure out. Then they wanted turns. Zach chose a baby zebra (his favorite, because they have brown stripes that turn black later, he says), then Jared chose a kangaroo, then there was a horse and some other things. Then it was Jared's turn again.

I had learned that his animal had no legs, it was definitely not a pet, it had no tail, and he wasn't sure about if it had a mouth. Completely perplexed, I gave up.

"It's an ammonite. I saw it on Dinosaur Train."

And I was thinking that kangaroo was an unusual choice! Jared definitely stepped up the game!

I think we might have to put some restrictions on the animals, like ones that aren't extinct.

While Zach didn't come up with ammonite all on his own last night, I'm still amazed that he remembered our game from last week and the characteristics of an ammonite!

1 comment:

Lora said...

I must admit that I was watching a friends little boy the other day who is in LOVE with Dinosaur Train and I learned a TON about dinosaurs. I like that show!