Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Getting-Into-Everythingest Baby!

Luke is a very happy baby. He doesn't cry much or fuss much. But man, does he get into everything! He's definitely our getting-into-everythingest baby.

And this is the first place we've lived with a baby that didn't already have at least a few baby latches installed! So I got to do a little installation of those yesterday. I still have more to do, but at least I have his favorite haunts protected, except the drawer under the oven. I can't install regular latches on that one, but I think I can handle one unprotected drawer. 

He loves to get into our plasticware drawer. I often go into the kitchen to find most of the plastic lids strewn all over the kitchen. I'm pretty tired of that.

Under the kitchen sink is a favorite, too. That one is both more dangerous (there are cleaners stored under there, as well as the garbage can, which is dangerous for a different reason--luckily he hasn't dumped that over) and funnier. Because he got in there right after we'd bought dishwasher detergent gel at Costco. It weighs almost 8 pounds (you can see it in the first photo on this post). He pulled it out of the cabinet (he's strong!) and ended up with it on his chest, pinning him to the floor. You'd think he would have learned a lesson, but no.

I'm looking forward to installing latches on the drawers of our entertainment center so he can't get out the Wii remotes (a favorite toy!) anymore! I wish I could do something about my computer desk. The armoire helps, but I can't keep it closed while I'm using it!

No comments: