Thursday, February 10, 2011

More Cuteness

On Sunday, Luke likes to raid other peoples' bags. He instinctively knows which are diaper bags and contain toys and snacks, and usually one puppy-dog look with those big blue eyes and the other moms give him something from their bag. Or he just digs through them on his own (much to my chagrin). This last Sunday, Luke found a baby doll in a bag, and the mom handed it to him. He was delighted! He immediately put it to his shoulder and hugged it. So I figured I should give him a chance with our one and only doll, Baby Jesus.

When I handed the doll to Luke, he again immediately cuddled it. He carried it around, despite it being rather large (the size of a real newborn) for him. He doesn't drag it by an appendage, he always hugs it to him. Then he lay Baby Jesus down on the floor, and laid down with his head on the doll's tummy. It was so cute! But then it got cuter, because Luke sat up, pinched the doll's nose, and made a honking sound.

I wanted to see if he'd do it again, for an audience, so last night, I gave Luke the doll again. We watched as Luke gently bonked his forehead on the doll's. That's his ultimate sign of affection! It was so cute. But the nose-honking is way funnier, so I was telling Ryan about it, and then Luke obliged us and did it himself.

This morning, Luke pointed to his bowl of dry cereal and signed "milk."  The dang beggar can't handle a spoon all that well, so I had to feed him my cereal instead. And so begins a year of taking extra food on my plate because I know he'll only want what I have!

We've said it three times now, that it looks really fun to be one!

1 comment:

Kat said...

That is awesome! He is such a cutie. I can't believe that he would play the nose honking game.