Friday, March 18, 2011

Cuteness Revisited

Luke is so dang cute that I just can't keep from telling you about it. Of course, his face is adorable, but it's the things he does that I want to talk to you about.

When I put him to bed, I lay him down, hand him his pacifier, hand him his blanky, then wind up his musical dog and hand it to him. Then I put a warm blanket over him. He lays there with his blanky and dog hugged tight and the blanket up to his chin, looking so dang sweet! Then I have to kiss is forehead and say, "Good night, I love you!" But a few weeks ago, he started to fuss as I left his room. So I went back and signed, "I love you" and now he's fine. But I can't forget to sign "I love you" every night or he fusses. And as I sign it, he waves good-bye. So cute!

He loves to help me dress him now, too. He wants me to hold his pants out for him so he can step into them. He tries to put his diapers and socks on, too, although he pretty much just lays them over the appropriate body part and pushes. Not very effective, but cute nonetheless.

When he finds a washcloth, he wipes it across his face. When he finds a tissue, he wipes it across his nose.

He's enjoying communicating with signs. He signs, "milk," "all gone," "more," "juice," "all done," "dog," "fish," "hat," "out," "book," "baby," and "bird." He made up his own signs for "phone" and "lotion."

Ryan tested him, and he knows everyone's names in the family! I hadn't really thought to check that. But the first time Ryan asked, Luke pointed to Jared, Zach, Daddy, and Mommy.

He just added a new word. I'm not sure what to call his first word, really. He has said things sometimes, but he doesn't really use the word or repeat it consistently. So maybe this is his first? He says "bah!" for ball!

He's also a stinker. For a few weeks, when I ask him to say, "Momma," he shakes his head. But last night, when I asked him, he said, "Dada!" Three times in a row! This morning, too. Stinker! Momma needs some love. It's my only paycheck!

No comments: