Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Funny Luke

I realize that children are most amusing to their immediate family, and not so much to the general population, but this is my blog, so you get to hear about how charming my kids are anyway.

Luke is a copycat extraordinaire! Last night, we were watching a The Goblet of Fire. One of the characters was stretching his muscles, so Luke hopped up on the couch and did it, too. Then, during the Yule Ball, he hopped up again, raised one arm above his head, and held the other in front of his stomach, just like a ballerina(o) and began to pirouette!

He really loves Harry Potter in any form. I may have mentioned earlier how he points a pencil, crochet hook, or any other long, skinny object and shouts, "Ba-dah-buh-dobbadah!" Let me translate. He's saying, "expecto patronum!" And it also serves as his name for all things Harry Potter.  When I went to pick up the movies from the library, Luke saw the cover and began to shout his special word at the top of his lungs. And as we drove home, he babbled it, whined, and finally screamed it to let me know that he'd like to hold one of the DVD cases. And then today, I was putting away one of the Harry Potter books, which happened to be sans dust jacket, but despite a plain light blue linen book cover, Luke somehow knew and shouted, "Ba-dah-buh-dobbadah!"

Luke is, at this moment, reminding me of another strange and amusing thing he has been doing. He just picked up my computer mouse and threatened pretended to lick it! He even makes a slurping sound. He especially likes to offer to lick my face when I ask him for a kiss. He knows it's gross, so he laughs and laughs and laughs!

Most of his funny little things are funny because it shows his understanding of the world around him. And they're only funny because of his age and lack of language skills.

No comments: