Friday, December 21, 2012

Jared' First Concert!

We've all been very excited for Jared's first orchestra performance on the last day of school before Christmas. The orchestra all wore black pants or skirts, and white shirts. Jared looked so spiffy!

They performed at 10 am for parents. Here they are entering the cafeteria!

Jared is looking a bit confused as everyone finds their seats, because he doesn't have one!



The principal himself (in the blue shirt) helps him find one.


Poor Jared looks so forlorn...aparently they didn't set out a music stand or music for him, either, so he couldn't play at all.



So disappointed....



I stuck around after the parent concert, and heard that they'd be performing again soon for the school. I got a few more pictures from the hall where I was hiding.



Jared or someone else rigged up a solution to his problem, so this time he could play!



Standing with the rest of the 4th graders to take a bow.


I haven't talked to Jared yet about all of this, but I'm proud of how he handled a very uncomfortable and disappointing situation. And I'm proud of him for trying again and playing so well!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: