Friday, May 17, 2013

Jared had a concert!

Jared's school has an excellent strings program, although I feel sorry for the teacher. She teaches at a high school and at least two elementary schools, and gets no actual class time to do it in. Jared hurries through lunch, then skips the following recess twice a week so he can play the violin.

Last night was his second (and last) concert of the year. When I walked in, he was warming up with his friend.


I'm thinking that below is an inherent problem when photographing violinists! Those bows end up all over the place!


These are the 4th and 5th graders. They played a few songs together, and several separately.


Every time I looked at Jared, he was looking at me (when he wasn't playing). And I couldn't get a candid shot, because he always posed when I held up the camera! He was pretty proud of what he was doing.




After the concert, I snapped another few pictures, but I think that we'll have to take some really good ones with his violin when I take his yearly portraits this summer. And maybe I can get him to teach me how to play this summer, too! I've always wanted to play the violin.
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: