Friday, December 11, 2009

Check up

I took Luke to his second well-baby check up this morning. He already passed his birth weight, and is 7 lbs 8.5 oz. On Tuesday, he weighed in at 7 lbs. 5 oz. That's more than an ounce a day! The doctor just wants babies back up to their birth weight by 2 weeks, which isn't until Monday for Luke. So he's very happy with his growth. Way to go, Luke!

Luke is really being a good baby. He sleeps a lot and eats A LOT. He started clustering his feedings before he was even a week old, and he'll sleep for 4-5 hours at night. I really don't feel like I'm the mother of a newborn because I'm getting too much sleep! It's awesome.

The doctor also tested out his head control and thought it was great. I realized that we don't support his head, because we don't have to. His head just doesn't flop around!

I'm slowly working toward getting some fun Christmas things done. I baked a double batch of pumpkin bread yesterday (I don't recommend it unless you have a HUGE bowl) and today Zach helped me make sugar cookie dough. We'll bake them one day, decorate the next, I think. I love that I got so many things done before Luke arrived, so I really don't feel stressed out now. I think we'll enjoy the holidays a lot this year!

3 comments:

Lora said...

Little cutie Lukie! I love orange on him! Way to go with the weight gain Luke!

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! Sleep. what is that? My baby is 9 months old and not sleeping like your little Luke. That is so awesome for you! He is a little doll. I love that hair.

Kika VilaNova said...

you have so much going on, I'm jealous. most the time it's hard for me to get out of bed, let alone IMAGINE taking care of three kids, one being a newborn... crazy! Parabens, mulher :)