Monday, January 04, 2010

Post-Holiday Doldrums

We're in the midst of the post-holiday doldrums. We've put off packing up our Christmas décor. I got a spurt of inspiration to clean out my closet, and filled up a big box to take donate. But I didn't even get to finish that project. Newborns have a way of interrupting.

I started painting Luke's room. Well, I should say I started edging it. Ryan got me this great paint edger that saved me so much time! But while I was doing that, I noticed that his walls are quite damaged. We haven't paid that room much attention since we moved in, so I'd forgotten how bad the walls are. Strange things went on in that room. I think they had some things glued on for a while. There are gouges, nail holes, paint drips, lack of texturing, and a few nails that they just pounded all the way in and painted over a few times. So that project is taking much longer than I expected. I'm patching and sanding the drywall before my first attempt at re-texturing. One day I may actually see his wall painted green!

Jared went back to school today. He's been bored at home, and missing his friends.

Luke is 5 weeks old today, and is getting a little chub on him. He's certainly not chubby yet, but he's not so long and lean. It's amazing how much newborns change in the first few weeks!

No comments: